How This Truck Manufacturer Improved Acoustic Engineering Without Additional Payroll Expense
This American vehicle company is the leading producer of aluminum walk-in vans and truck bodies used for delivery and cargo vehicles. In addition to delivery trucks and mobile workshops, customers include fleets that deliver baked goods, laundry, and newspapers.
- Reduce the sound issues inherent in the aluminum structure of their sturdy, but noisy, vehicles – to ensure the safety and comfort of the drivers.
- Assure a consistent supply chain process by developing a new modern product moving the client from an outdated foam-based product to fiber, improving performance.
- Eliminate the need for a manufacturing cell lowering TCO.
- Develop a superior protective material to prevent flammable accidents.
“If we have an acoustics issue, we will reach out to Blachford since they are the experts. It saves us money, because we do not have to keep an acoustic expert on site with an annual salary, with benefits, of $125K.”
– Design Engineer
Provided acoustics expertise through knowledge sharing, onsite testing and access to the Blachford in-house acoustics lab, reducing sound issues inherent in the aluminum structure of their sturdy, but noisy, vehicles. Improved safety and comfort for drivers while eliminating the need for an in-house acoustics engineer, saving $125K annually.
Proactively replaced obsolete foam-based acoustics material with a modern material formulation specifically engineered to improve heat performance. Proactive approach ensured zero disruption to the production.
Innovative die-cut product design eliminated an entire shop floor manufacturing cell saving $100K annually.
Avoided significant liability expense and embarrassment through Blachford’s ability to create an engine enclosure which would not absorb engine oil. Previous materials absorbed oil resulting in a combustible event.
“We reported [purchasing department] savings of $100k annually from moving to the die cut solution using Blachford”
– Design Engineer
Expected Annualized Benefits:
- Eliminated need for an acoustics engineer saving $125K
- Simplify manufacturing process savings of $100k
- Achieved appropriate sound level reductions improved safety and comfort
- Simplified assembly and reduced mistakes
- Less-flammable materials provide safety and protection from legal liabilities
Need a Custom Solution? We Can Help.